@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Photos of the Day: Bordello


Photobucket
All photos by Vee Speers. From Bordello, 2005.


“From my window I can see the girls waiting downstairs in the doorways, and it has always fascinated me how these women display their bodies up and down the street like gaudy trinkets in a second-hand shop.

Although I created my own interpretation from historical references and old images, I primarily wanted to use the idea as a gateway to something more profound.

The art of seduction fascinates me. I love the game — you can dress yourself up and act out a role, and that sets you free to create your own stories, your own mysteries. And it gives you power. I tried to capture all that when I photographed these women, none of whom are models, as such."

-Vee Speers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Labels: , , , , ,